The Camões, Instituto da Cooperação e da Língua (Camões, I.P.) is launching an online course entitled Portuguese for Foreigners, level A1. The course will be totally delivered online, using a course management system as well as other useful software (see requirements below).
The main objective of this course is to give an opportunity to those who want to learn Portuguese to do it online. In this course, students will be able to understand and use familiar, everyday expressions and very basic sentences aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a specific type. They will learn to introduce him/herself and others and ask and answer questions about personal details such as where he/she lives, people he/she knows and things he/she has got. They will learn to interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help. No prior knowledge is required to enroll in the course.
The course is aimed at those who want to further their knowledge of the Portuguese language.
The course is divided into 14 weekly modules; learners will spend 8 hours a week on the course, as follows:
- Autonomous work: Reading and listening materials for the modules that make up the course; execution of various tasks and exercises, including grammar;
- Working with the tutor: 30 minutes per week of oral interaction with the respective tutor; interaction through the platform forum about doubts, difficulties and other topics of interest to the participants.
Assessment of the course is based on a continuous assessment of various items:
- Regular access to the platform;
- Questions submitted by email / forum / comments;
- Fulfillment of the platform tasks:
To pass the course, students must participate in 2/3 of the oral interactions.
- performing exercises of reading comprehension, listening comprehension and grammar activities;
- writing an essay about the topic of each unit;
- Skype interaction - ask and answer about a subject related to the theme of unity.
Participants who successfully attend this course will be awarded a certificate.
There will be a 320 EUR fee. Payment will be made by bank transfer. We will send our bank account details to the selected participants.
Candidates must have:
- broadband Internet;
- a multimedia computer (must be able to access/open Microsoft© Office files and/or .pdf files, as well as audio and video files in external web pages/applications (online journals, youtube, etc.);
- headphones and a microphone or a headset;
- Skype installed on their computers (free download at www.skype.com);
- Português XXI, level 1, Student Book (textbook);
- the respective exercise book and audio CD;
- optionally, Gramática Activa 1, a grammar book.
Participants will have a 20% discount when buying the above learning materials (textbook, exercise book, audio CD and grammar book) directly from the publisher. For further information please contact the publisher at email@example.com. The Camões, I.P. itself will not establish these contacts.
Participants in this course who want to certify their proficiency in Portuguese language may apply to the examination of the Center for Portuguese Foreign Language Assessment (CAPLE) to obtain the Initial Certificate of Portuguese as a Foreign Language (CIPLE).
For further information please visit http://caple.letras.ulisboa.pt.