The Camões, Instituto da Cooperação e da Língua (Camões, I.P.) is launching an online course entitled Portuguese for Foreigners, level A1. The course will be totally delivered online, using a course management system as well as other useful software (see requirements below).
The main objective of this course is to give an opportunity to those who want to learn Portuguese to do it online. In the A2 level course, students learn to understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment). They will learn to communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information and to describe in basic terms aspects of his/her background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need.
The course is aimed at those who want to further their knowledge of the Portuguese language.
The course is divided into 12 weekly modules, typically structured into five components: 1. Reading; 2. Listening; 3. Grammar; 4. Written expression; 5. Speaking.
It is expected that participants spend six hours a week in various ongoing activities:
- Autonomous work: Reading and listening materials for the modules that make up the course; execution of various tasks and exercises, including grammar;
- Working with the tutor: 30 minutes per week of oral interaction with the respective tutor; interaction through the platform forum about doubts, difficulties and other topics of interest to the participants.
Assessment of the course is based on a continuous assessment of various items:
- Regular access to the platform;
- Questions submitted by email / forum / comments;
- Fulfillment of the platform tasks:
To pass the course, students must participate in 2/3 of the oral interactions.
- performing exercises of reading comprehension, listening comprehension and grammar activities;
- writing an essay about the topic of each unit;
- Skype interaction - ask and answer about a subject related to the theme of unity.
Participants who successfully attend this course will be awarded a certificate.
There will be a 320 EUR fee. Payment will be made by bank transfer. We will send our bank account details to the selected participants.
Participants in this course who want to certify their proficiency in Portuguese language may apply to the examination of the Center for Portuguese Foreign Language Assessment (CAPLE) to obtain the Initial Certificate of Portuguese as a Foreign Language (CIPLE).
For further information please visit http://caple.letras.ulisboa.pt.